Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Armani Double-Breasted Jacket in Neoprene, $745
- Zara Neoprene Skirt with Frill on the Hem, $40
- T by Alexander Wang Women's Bonded Wool Neoprene Cropped Shell, $225, and Wool Neoprene Back Flutter Skirt,
- Sachin + Babi Neoprene & Organza Dress, $695 at
- Forever 21 Dock Party Neoprene Zip-Up Booties, $33
- Proenza Schouler Oversized Sweatshirt, $1,975 at Barneys New York
- Clover Canyon City Palace Printed Neoprene Dress,
- Deena & Ozzy Neoprene Backpack, $59 at Urban Outfitters
Last night, we headed over to Emporio Armani in Union Square to view the Fall/Winter 2013 women's collection, presented by Courtney Weinblatt, Market Director for Marie Claire. Fur, leather, and velvet were clear frontrunners in the trends game, but it was ultimately neoprene that walked away with the win. Weinblatt told us following the showcase, "Neoprene, in particular, is perfect for the SF woman because it is warm and elegant and easy to wear." And we couldn't agree more. Neoprene is also flattering (think shapewear) and structured and therefore complements a variety of body types. Add an item of neoprene to your closet and wear your investment this season — and beyond.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked SF]
· Emporio Armani [Official Site]