Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Aubrie Pick. Pam Velezquez; Why we love her look: pops of neon and a story on her shoulder
- Felicia Wu; Why we love her look: She has made the Lim x Target animal print jacket her own.
- Amanda Lane; Why we love her look: It's all unexpected but totally works.
- Xela Gaerlan at the Top Shelf fashion truck; Why we love her look: a satin bustier strikes the right balance with voluminous sheer striped palazzo pants.
- At the Pretty Parlor truck; Why we love their looks: electric blue velvet FTW, the gal seated made her top!
- Why we love her look: Who would think to pair a kimono with a '70s velvet maxi? She did, and it's awesome.
- Anna-Alexia Basile; Why we love her look: the perfect amount of peek-a-boo
- Maria Del Rio; Why we love her look: the Frida tee looks like part of the dress, but it's her own DIY handiwork.
- Why we love her look: it's the perfect balance of tough and romantic.
- Why we love her look: she may be the only person who can pull off a letterman jacket and barbie tee.
- Laura O'Brien; Why we love her look: the mirrored sunglasses make a subtle look sing.
- Why we love her look: the bright colors plus gray accents create a dreamy palette.
- Why we love their looks: How often is an entire group of friends THIS stylish?
- Why we love her look: the cutout dress + amazing booties
- Ashley Daniloff; Why we love her look: the red lip pairs perfectly with the ferris wheel.
- Trang Le; Why we love her look: the mini-dress + structured bag + comfy booties = such a surprising and good fest look.
- Anja Sevnsson; Why we love her look: she could not look comfier but still maintains a level of chic.
- Angela Tafoya; Why we love her look: this bright, comfy top
- Mackenzie Bartram and Joshua Olley; Why we love their looks: Prada creepers! And his casual-cool shoulder-slung jacket
- Saudi Utter; Why we love her look: she makes woodsy incredibly chic.
The Treasure Island Music Festival is like a carny version of a massive, thronged fest like Outside Lands or Coachella. The crowd is friendly and manageable, the music is amazing—Danny Brown, Sleigh Bells, Major Lazer, Beck, Animal Collective, and James Blake, just to name a few—and the food and various other booths for buying stuff had us opening our wallets repeatedly. There was even a ferris wheel! Which proved to be the perfect backdrop for street style photos. We encountered an amazing number of well-dressed music fans and we were so impressed by the stylish folks we encountered—in outfits that ranged from boho to mod—it was near impossible to choose which to include in our gallery. But we finally managed, and here they are, the top looks from TIMF 2013! —Editor's note: Are you pictured but not named? Email us!
· 8 Things We Learned About Kelsey Kopecky at Outside Lands [Racked SF]
· Outside Lands 2013: What's Your Favorite Song? [Racked SF]
· Treasure Island Festival [Racked SF]