Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Cuyana Leather Tote, $150 (monogramming an additional $10)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Tote, $895 at Azalea
- Zara Limited Edition Structured Leather Shopper, $229
- Marie Turnor Idea Bag, $215 at Acrimony
- Jonathan Adler Horse Icon Duchess North/South Tote, $248
- Baggu Leather Shopper Tote Bag, $160 at Urban Outfitters
The ban on plastic bags and a fee for paper ones are trends that are likely to stay for good. Instead of carting around those ubiquitous reusable grocery store bags, wear a classic tote to fill with unexpected finds on casual outings in the neighborhood. These totes might not step in for major Costco runs but they will quickly fill the gap for your lighter shopping trips. Bonus: big bags worn on the arm are slimming (think Jessica Simpson circa 2004). But beware of turning into a total "bag lady" and clean yours out regularly.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked SF]