Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
2013 was Racked SF's first full year of operation, and we went all in with lots of original photography, news about fabulous store openings, and profiles and features about our favorite shop-owners and establishments. We also gave you a good smattering of fitness and beauty. Below is just a handful of our favorites, in no particular order. It's kind of like choosing a favorite child, but these are the stories we most enjoyed sharing with you in 2013. Here's to even more fun in 2014!
· Step Into Joy Bianchi's Stunning Helpers House of Couture—We did, and we were stunned (in the best way possible).
· Tour a Newlywed Stylist's Impossibly Pretty Noe Valley Apartment—We did that, too, and Laura Hollabaugh's sense of style made us want to move right into her apartment and commandeer her closet.
· Bethany Cosentino Talks Music, Style and Beauty—We felt super privledged to interview this music maven just days before The Pixies announced that Best Coast would open for the alt rock icons.
· Gilt's Former Style Director and SF Transplant Talks Life in the Bay—We loved hearing how this hardcore NYC fashion girl is settling into the San Francisco scene.
· 20th Century Cafe's Michelle Polzine: Vintage Maven Since 14—She takes her dedication to vintage—in both her cafe and in her wardrobe—seriously.
· Dudley Flores is Racked SF's Hottest Trainer of 2013—This series almost did us in, but the payoff was worth it.
· How This Stylist Couple Shares an SF Studio in Perfect Harmony—The apartment was tiny, the cool factor was off the charts.
· State Bird Provisions' Nicole Krasinski on Style, Superhero Hair—We had fun shooting at this ultra-hot-spot restaurant, but we had no luck trying to sneak our names into the reservation book.