Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Convert continues its mission of stocking only brands that do good with its new crop of spring clothing and accessories. The goods are either made locally, use organic materials, donate to a charity, or, even better, all of the above. And, of course, the stuff has to look amazing. The folks behind Convert seem to have achieved all that and more with their spring shipments. Shop their eBay store, or head over to 1809B 4th Street in Berkeley for clothing or 1844 4th Street for shoes.
- Obey: organic fabrics and the company a portion of profits to charity
- Kill City; made completely in California--this collection from a collaboration with Convert
- Maguba, made in Sweden from Sustainable woods
- Amour Vert, eco-friendly and made in California
- Koral, made in California
- QSW, affordable and uses many organic fabrics
- Obey accessories: organic fabrics and the company a portion of profits to charity
- Gypsy 05, made in California
- Billy Krik, made in California
- Pact, ll organic, made in factories entirely run by wind power!
- H by Hudson, made in Portugal with vegetable tanned leathers
- Goldsign Denim, made in California at a factory that recycles all of their waste products
- Melissa shoes, made of recycled PVC and rubber material; recyclable and anti-bacterial
- Naked & Famous; made in Canada and almost entirely organic
- Emu, sourced in Australia from washable wool; leathers are taken directly from the meat industry
- Big Star, made in Mexico in a sustainable factory that recycles all of their waste products
- Akemi Okamoto, Made in California
· Collab Alert: Convert x J Shoes [Racked SF]
· Convert [Official Site]
· Party-Ready Shoes Bigtime on Sale at Berkeley's Convert [Racked SF]