Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Orangey-red pairs perfectly with black and gold.
- Big flatforms + stripey pants + blue toes = a bold look (in a good way)
- Classic peep toes plus classic red peducures
- A rose hue is perfect with these powder-blue wedges.
- Gold and black: can't go wrong.
- Lilac and raffia are made for each other.
- Keeping it neutral with brown and taupe.
- A neutral shimmer is good with over the top rainbow platforms.
- Neutral is also good with a flat rainbow sandal.
- Candy-apple red and white strappy sandals = serious glam factor.
- Pale pink is sweet with black flat sandals...
- ...as is pale blue..
- ...and that shade works with a platform, too.
- Minimalist feet: not everyone needs color on the toes.
- Golden flat sandals and cherry red toes, yes ma'am.
Let's face it, feet can be downright unattractive, especially in photographs. A foot that looks perfectly acceptable in real life can become something no one wants to witness once captured in still. Veins, crooked toes, callouses—they're all highlighted in a snapshot. But somehow Mai Le, San Francisco photographer and blogger at Fashioni.st, manages to consistently make her subjects' toesies look unobjectionable, sometimes by artfully arranging feet among green grass, or with some creative post-production tricks. Plus, she has an eye for finding excellent pedicure-plus-sandal pairings. With all that in mind, and since it's Shoe Week here at Racked, here is an ode to Mai and her talent for photgraphing pretty feet.
· All Shoe Week Posts [Racked SF]