Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
I'm the first to admit that I'm not as good about body sun protection as I am with protecting my face. With cooler temps in the Bay, I'm not baring as much skin, either in the water or on the streets, as I would further South. So my stockpile of body sunblock remains untouched. But with the odd warm days (I wore a Spring wetsuit at Pacifica's Linda Mar on Monday!) and tropical trips on the horizon, I've returned to curating a stellar line up of UV protection to keep the burn off the shoulders even in the strongest of rays. My 80-year-old self will thank me.—Esther Hahn
- The Supergoop! line is my new favorite with its Vitamin C formula that provides more than an hour of waterproof, broad spectrum protection. I love the easy application of the
- Aveeno is my usual go-to drugstore brand, and its Hydrosport Wet Skin Spray Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 doesn'
- From a surfing-inspired brand out of Cocoa Beach, Florida, Sun Bum truly wants you to enjoy your time in the sun without worrying about skin cancer. And for those cloudless, high-noon surf sessions, I trust its
- The newest addition to my sunscreen collection is Hampton Sun's SPF 35 Continuous Mist Sunscreen. The lovely fragrance gives it a luxe feel, perfect for
· All Esther Tested Posts [Racked SF]