Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Eva Chen poses in front of the Bay Bridge in her monogrammed varsity jacket; all photos via her Instagram
- Chen often posts photos of the apples she packs as an office snack. Yesterday she found one in Athleta's cafeteria.
- "Must-have" make up for her SF visit. Chen's followers were most interested in the Edward Bess Ultra Dewy Complexion Perfector ($56)
- And her beauty essentials.
- Chen guessed she's the only editor to visit Twitter wearing a Run DMC sweatshirt.
- She spotted this poster at the Instagram/Facebook headquarters in Palo Alto.
- She also spotted the video game room, but noted that Lucky's fashion closet may be the better trade off.
- After a flurry of meetings, Chen made a stop at Barneys New York in Union Square. She asked her followers to help her choose between the Balenciaga and the Prada shoes.
- And the Prada creepers won.
- She dined at Perbacco. She captioned the photo, "Whenever I see breadsticks, I automatically think of Glee."
- She packed three varsity jackets, apparently her go-to choice for SF office wear.
When Anna Wintour made reviving Lucky Mag a top priority last year, she handpicked Eva Chen to helm the ship, appointing the 33-year-old as editor in June 2013. Chen credits her social media savvy for her ability to navigate (and stay relevant) in today's fast-changing fashion landscape—a key requirement connecting with Lucky's readership. So it's little surprise that Chen stays plugged into our local tech scene. For the past couple days, Chen has been on a whirlwind trip around the city (and the valley), posting Instagram updates along the way. We're always curious to see what the former Teen Vogue beauty director packs in her cosmetics kit and where she's shopping for her self-proclaimed shoe-and-handbag addiction. Even better that her last 48 hours were spent here in our town.