Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- SF blogger Carlina Harris wears her Goorin Brothers fedora hat on a recent trip to NYC; photo via Allergic to Vanilla
- Goorin Bros. Beverly Corleon fedora hat, $125
- Cheap Monday Criss Hat, $36 (was $60) at ACRE/SF
- Eugenia Kim Mirabelle Rancher hat, $189.95 (was $288) at Anthropologie
- Free People Embellished Band Brimmed Hat, $58
- Bailey for J.Crew Felt Hat, $78 (was $98)
- Helen Kaminski Koschka Fur Felt Fedora, $275 at
Yesterday may have (unofficially) been "National Hat Day," but really, hats should be celebrated year round. Not only are they a chic statement piece to quickly (and easily) add oomph to an outfit, this winter's wide-brimmed, felt hats help to protect your head and face from the wintry elements. Okay, so we're not having much in the way of extreme cold and wet weather. But the sun's UV-rays are always there. Plus, these hats wear well into the night, adding an air of mystery to your cool-chick-at-the-bar persona.