Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo by Ersler Dmitry via Shutterstock
- Senspa is the most Zen escape you'll find on a former military base. Services include a lymphatic detox facial and a Buddha belly massage for the pregnant among us. Hang out in one of three relaxation rooms until you'v
- Sadly, TruSpa, one of our favorites for the past decade, has closed. In their absence, the former owners are recommending Qua Spa at the SOHO Grand, and we have to agree it's an excellent choice. Indulge in one of their
- Located in the Huntington Hotel, the Nob Hill Spa was named one of the top 75 in the country in a readers' poll. Doesn't an arctic berry body scrub sound delicious right about now?
- You can count on Joi de Vivre hotels for a unique experience, and Spa Vitale, though littler than the rest, will not disappoint with deep outdoor soaking tubs and amazing views of the Bay Bridge.
- Tucked away in the Fillmore, International Orange is a yoga studio plus full-service spa. We recommend yoga first, then choose from an assortment of essential oils to bliss out further with a massage.
- At the St. Regis' Remede Spa, champagne and truffles are served while you wait for your customized beauty treatment or massage. Whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas await after.
- Spa Radiance is for the client who wants serious luxury plus serious anti-aging treatments. The Peel Bar has you covered from melanin lifts to microdermabrasion. The mud and scrub bar will have your skin gleaming.
- While Nordstrom may not immediately bring to mind great luxury, we can't think of many things more luxurious than capping off a day of shopping with an organic aromatherapy massage
After a long day of sipping champagne and shopping, a massage and facial are the only logical next step. But you need an establishment that will provide more champagne, yummy snacks, and plenty of treatments to transport you to a euphoric state—or at least make you look good. Here are nine of the best places to do so in San Francisco. Is your favorite spa missing from the list? Let us know!
· The Surprising Truth About Folks Who Splurge on Mink Eyelashes [Racked SF]
· Whale Week Posts [Racked SF]
· 13 Places in San Francisco Where You Can Spend It All [Racked SF]