Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Moto Jacket in Blue Netting Print, $59.99
- Blazer in Blue/Black/White Colorblock, $49.99
- Bikini Top in Black/White Print, $22.99
- Jacquard Dress in Red Iris Print, $79.99
- Sweatshirt in Light Blue Floral/Check Print, $29.99 (also available in red, also will sell out)
- Swim Cover-Up in Green Floral Stripe Print, $34.99
- Bikini Bottom in Red Floral Print, $14.99
- Skirt in Black/White Print, $34.99
- Cardigan in Blue/White/Black Colorblock, $34.99
You may recall that Target's previous designer collaboration with Phillip Lim was only partially available at the Metreon City Target location in San Francisco. Some of the most coveted items, including the Boom! sweaters and bags, were M.I.A., and shoppers were not pleased. Since then, Target has opened a second City Target at Masonic and Geary, and we've been trying to get confirmation from Target headquarters as to whether the highly-anticipated upcoming collaboration with Peter Pilotto will be available in its entirety at the City Target locations when it launches on February 9, or if SF shoppers should head directly to Colma or Serramonte. Alas, we got a response, but no confirmation was forthcoming:
A representative from an outside public relations firm sent the following statement:
We do not have a list of the stores the collection will be sold at; however, it will be available at most Target stores so it is likely the collection will be available at a City location. When the collection hits stores on Feb. 9 you can of course check out Target.com where a list of locations nearest you will be available.
Thanks, and by the time we get ourselves to the location with the goods, that colorblock blazer will be sold out. Also the comment does not address the question of whether some stores will carry a limited selection. Sigh. We will keep trying, but Target seems to be busy with questions about its recent security breach. If you really have your eye on specific Peter Pilotto x Target pieces, we suggest you make a trek outside of the city to a full-sized Target to avoid disappointment. In the meantime, check out the full collaboration collection in the gallery.
· All Pilottorama Posts [Racked SF]
· Phillip Lim x Target Redux: No Bags or Boom! Sweaters in SF [Racked SF]
· Getting Elbowed for a Boom! Sweater Before Brunch [Racked SF]