- San Francisco Fleet Week is October 9-13. Photo: Petty Officer 2nd Class Torrey W. Lee.
- The asymmetrical hem on this Kandy knit dress, $129 at Amour Vert, will set you apart from the throngs of striped-dress wearing women over the weekend.
- For a modern (and cheaper) interpretation of the classic St. James sailor sweater, try this mixed-stripe tee, $26.95 at Gap.
- The moment you plan shoulder-baring outfits for a warm weekend is the moment the temperatures drop. Keep this navy wool peacoat, $250 at Banana Republic, in your c
- An update on the style that Tom Cruise wore in Top Gun, these Ray-Ban Aviators with blue lenses, $169.95 at Sunglass Hut, will take your breath away.
- San Francisco designer Susan Hoff's Original Hardware Sailcloth Tote, $320 at Susan Hoff, is roomy and eco-friendly: Hoff's totes are made from recycled sailcloth.
- Give your classic boat shoes a break. Mix things up with these Sperry Katama espadrilles, $44.99 at Sperry Top-Sider.
- There's more to nautical dressing than stripes and anchors. You could also cinch your look with this nautical knots belt, $99.95 at
- Another cold-snap option, these anchor-print ankle cords, $108 at Vineyard Vines, are a subtle take on a sailor print.
- For a understated piece of flare, try this minimalist anchor ring, $19.90 on