Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ware of the Dog Cable Turtleneck Dog Sweater, $70 at Steven Alan
- Fab Dog Reversible Peace Sign Ski Vest, price upon request at Noe Valley Pet
- Petco Wag-a-tude Red & Navy Plaid Dog Jacket, $20 at Petco
- Martha Stewart Pets Cable Sweater, $20 at Petsmart
- George Microfiber Quilted Jacket, $40-$56 at George
- Pawtech Red and Black Polar Fleece Jacket, price upon request at Noe Valley Pet
- Barbour Quilted Dog Coat, $55 at Steven Alan
The days are shorter, the temps are dipping, and some wet weather is on its way to the Bay. Yes, perhaps it's finally true—winter is coming (knock on wood). It's reason to celebrate and to finally buy that coat or sweater for your best four-legged friend. Okay, so it might not be totally necessary since we never see snow in the city. But the outerwear does come in handy for weekend trips to Tahoe or even for those early morning jogs with frost blanketing the ground. Besides, everyone knows an Instagram post of your pup in a winter coat is sure to collect the most hearts. So buy one or, better yet, buy all. Even pups should have options.