Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
SF is at the forefront of protecting what's local—from retailers to workers to public spaces. So big props go out to local pub SFGate for planning today as LoveLocalSF Day. Tons of activities are going on around town, including free ice cream at Super Duper, a handful of flash mobs, and citywide parties (just to name a few). But even better are the sales. So deck yourself out in SF red and hit the boutiques to cash in on local love.
1. BellJar, 3187 16th Street, is offering 20 percent off apparel and an additional 30 percent additional off all sale items from 12 to 7pm.
2. Legion, 679 Clay Street, is also doing a #LoveLocalSF sale with 20 percent off all items in-store from 11am to 6pm.
3. Wingtip, 550 Montgomery Street, is hosting its Wingtip Loves Local event from 10am to 6:30pm.
4. Timbuk2, 506 Hayes Street, is giving 20 percent off bags and accessories if you mention #LoveLocalSF from 10am to 7:30 pm.
5. Love & Luxe, 1169 Valencia Street, is hosting a flash sale with 10 percent off everything in store from 12 to 6pm.
6. Gather, 541 Octavia Street, is celebrating with 20 percent off all San Francisco-themed tees from 11am to 7pm.
7. Ferme à Papier, 2406 Polk Street, is hosting its Dear San Francisco event with 30 percent off its in-house brand from 12:30 to 6pm.
8. Taylor Stitch, 2030 Chestnut Street, is marking all sale items down by an extra 20 percent from 11am to 7pm.
9. Elizabeth Charles, 2056 Fillmore Street, is offering a special "Mates Rate" when checking out at the store from 11am to 7pm.
10. Flax Art & Design, 1699 Market Street, has all of its locally made products at a 10 to 20 percent discount from 9:30am to 7pm.