Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Bay Area blogger Alyson Alconis spends her days finding and reviewing the best beauty products on the market. Who better to help you find a gift for a makeup-obsessed friend?
- She likes beauty products and presents? No problem. Image via Shutterstock
- No beauty lover can resist a good neutral eyeshadow palette. Perfect for any occasion and any season, theBalm’s NUDE ‘tude Palette contains a variety of shimmery and matte eyeshadows to create an endless number of looks. Available online from
- For the wannabe supermodel, go for the Charlotte Tilbury Mini Lipstick Charms set. As a makeup artist for the biggest celebrities and models, Charlotte Tilbury makes it a cinch to recreate her famous looks from the red carpet with this set. The mi
- Coconut seems to be everywhere these days and now it’s in skin care. At $13.49, this Cocokind Organic All-Purpose Salve can be
- If your makeup-loving friend obsesses about the ingredients she applies to her face, 100% Pure is a lifesaver. The products are cruelty-free and vegan; even the pigments found in their products are fruit-based! For $68, this 100% Pure Sugared an
- The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is loved by makeup artists and bloggers all over the world. (If your friend is addicted to watching YouTube makeup tutorials, you'll receive major brownie points with this palette.) Once you see how beautiful
- If you have a friend who loves luxurious skin care, introduce her to NUDE Skincare with the Essential Skin Nutrition Set. She’ll feel like she’s at the spa every time she uses these products. Purchase this set for $88 online at
- Treat your jet-setting friend to the Tatcha Complete Travel Ritual Set to help shield her skin from the dry airplane air. At $145 from Tatcha, this set contains
- For the ingredient-conscious beauty addict who is also a mom, try this 100% natural Yes to Baby Bundle. Not only are the wipes super handy to carry around for the baby, they’ll be just as useful for her when she’s in sticky situations. Available f
- Spoil your friend with this amazing bareMinerals The Big Top set. With 20 makeup items in this gift set, your friend will be in swatching mode as soon as she unwraps the box. Available for $79 at
- If you’re stuck and still don’t know what to get her, you can’t go wrong with this Buxom Winner Takes All Lip Set for $32 at Sephora. Containing a mixture of
- Miniature makeup products are irresistible and this Benefit Fun-Size Flirts set will win over any beauty addict. Combined with cheeky product names and creative packaging, this assortment of Benefit's products that will leave anyone wanting more.
Beauty addicts are sometimes hard to shop for, especially when they've tried every single beauty product under the sun. Of course, there are also different types of beauty addicts: some are drawn to organic ingredients, while others are drawn to glamorous and bold pigments. Either way, here's a gift guide that's sure to please every type of beauty addict in your life.
· Gift Guides [Racked]
· This $9 Mascara Is a Solid Drugstore Pick in a Pinch [Racked]