Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Did you get the memo? Red roses are so passé. And nothing makes a gal feel utterly plain than a mass market bouquet that screams "large flower retail conglomerate." But there's no need to panic. Our favorite local, indie floral shops are accepting V-Day flower orders through today (and some are really watching your back, and bringing extras to a few stores around town tomorrow). So delight your lady (whether lover or bestie) with these ultra-hip, ultra-chic arrangements that are sure to say, "You're one cool chick and your day should really be ridiculously beautiful."
- For tomorrow, Studio Choo (the mastermind behind The Flower Recipe Book) has got you covered. In addition to free pickups from the South SF studio, arrangements (prices range from $45-
- The dreamy floral arrangements ($55 for pickups and $120 for deliveries) from Natalie Bowen Designs can still be ordered until 7pm tonight. Known to incorporate the big, luscious blooms that every girl adores, Natalie always hooks you up.
- Farmgirl Flowers is only offering large sized arrangements for V-Day, and currently the Burlap Wrapped Bouquet ($70) is the only available option. When you add shippi
- Earlier this week, we wrote about the BloomThat partnership with ThirdLove for a flower and lingerie bundle. But if
- The design concepts at Birch are heavily influenced by owner Torryne Choate's love of fashion, music, and art. If your girl's style is often described as Parisian chic, then this is the florist to use. Prices range from $50-$200, and only