Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: over the next six weeks, we'll be profiling the best new arrivals and trends at some of our favorite local boutiques.
Check out this set and more at Polyvore
For this week's edition of Spring Forward, we headed to lovely Jackson Square for tips from Carole Harari, the ultra-chic shop-owner at La Boutique: L'Art et la Mode who hails from Switzerland. We've long-admired Harari's skill at assembling some of the best European brands (MM6, Vanessa Bruno) in her spacious boutique/gallery/event space, plus a smattering of San Francisco's best (Amour Vert, Freda Salvador). This spring she's particularly excited to add a new edgy Swedish Brand called Rodebjer.
"We will also soon officially launch our Men department upstairs," Carole tells us. "We will carry some of the same brands as we do for women, such as Firma Berlin and Closed." Stay tuned for a big launch later this season, along with a street style photography exhibition. In the meantime, head to the shop for her favorite trends, which include a new take on organza, menswear details, and plenty of blue—the happy kind.
- Carole Harari at her shop, La Boutique: L'Art et la Mode, photo by Aubrie Pick
- La Boutique
- Trend 1, Organza: "Organza can be seen as traditional. However, this season organza has a new side—it is a sexy and edgy fabric, revealing just enough for the imagination. On this Vanessa Bruno dress, the organza is the key to a rebellious feminine
- TREND 2, Minimalist menswear inspired separates:"This MM6 by Martin Margiela look is urbane, utilitarian, and yet forward enough. The light grey cotton-viscose sweater with mesh-knit sleeves and back, and a navy blue linen cropped trouser are relax
- Shoes by Freda Salvador
- Vanessa Bruno, tweed stretch pants (with tuxedo stripe): $450; MM6 by Martin Margiela black trench coat (with white piping): $990
- Vanessa Bruno tweed stretch pants, $450
- Trend 3, Blue: "Get ready to enter your blue period. To put it simply, blue is everywhere this spring! It is so refreshing and suitable for every occasion." Vanessa Bruno blue silk dress: $550.
- MIH denim dress: $325
All Spring Forward Posts [Racked SF]