Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The new Norstrom rack opens on Thursday in the old Ross location.
- Men's is downstairs as you enter.
- Up the escalator is women's—there was one rack of Haute Hippie.
- A smattering of Halston Heritage...
- And a slew of Free People.
- The T by Alexander Wang rack was diminishing rapidly.
- James Perse cargo pants were in full force.
- The kids section is huge. The Juicy Couture for little ones is too adorable but also a little too expensive.
- The 10 Crosby by Derek Lam platforms were tempting.
- The handbag section featured a good amount of Marc Jacobs, a few token Valentino evening bags, and tons of Coach, Michael Kors and DVF.
- Some cute home goods made us want to host a girly brunch.
- The accessories section featured tons of nail polish, makeup brushes and other beauty items, plus some colorful beach towels.
The new San Francisco Nordstrom Rack officially opens tomorrow, Thursday March 6 at 9am. If you're a hardcore shopper, get there at 8am for some grand opening festivities—get the scoop on that here. Last night, Racked SF and some other lucky shoppers got a preview of the new store, which is located in the former
Ross Dress for Less Marshall's building at the corner of 5th and Market. The store was chock full of marked-down merch, with an excellent selection of designer sunglasses, heavy on the Miu Miu, Versace and Burberry. We spied a table stacked with white Paige denim plus racks of Citizens of Humanity and Hudson, just to name a few. Helmut Lang, DVF, T by Alexander Wang, Rag and Bone, and Haute Hippie were also represented, but supplies seemed limited, so get there early if you're in the market. Mass-market brands including Kors, Calvin Klein and DKNY were plentiful. And can we talk about the shopping carts? They have a rack for hanging your picks, a cup holder and a handbag hook. Genius. Tour the whole store in the gallery.
· Nordstrom Rack Opens Next Week on Market [Racked SF]
· 10 Places to Buy Coats for a Fickle SF Winter [Racked SF]
· Nordstrom Rack [Official Site]