Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via Getty Images
- For serious stomping in the mud, it doesn't get chicer than these Hunter + Rag & Bone rain boots. $295 at Intermix, 2409
- Melissa is famous for its cute approach to waterproof footwear, and these Jason Wu for Melissa loafers certainly live up to the hype. $125 at
- If you're an all-heels all-the-time kind of girl, try these faceted plastic United Nude pumps. $199 at Paolo Shoes, 524 Hayes Street.
- If the thought of mud squishing between your toes doesn't make you squeamish, these Michael Kors jelly thongs can see you through wine tasting and your summer vacation. $69 at
- Boat shoes may not be completely waterproof, but they'll put up a good fight. This Sperry for J. Crew pair will add a little glamour to a preppy ensemble. $98 at J. Cre
It's once again Barrel Weekend, that glorious time of year when you sample (and pre-order) oodles of delicious vino along the Northern Sonoma County Wine Road. There's just one problem: The forecast calls for rain on Saturday and Sunday in Sonoma. Since nothing puts a damper on a weekend of wine tasting like damp feet (and ruined shoes), we've rounded up a collection of water-resistant kicks that can handle the muddy winery parking lots. With a little legwork (or overnight shipping), these beauties can be yours before you hit the first vineyard.