Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- SF blogger Lindsey Louie in her Nikes; photo via Complacency Kills
- Nike Air Max 90 Essential, $110 at NikeTown
- Zara Printed Leather Slip-On with Track Sole, $99.90
- Jeffrey Campbell Orwell Open-Side Ankle Boot, $185 at Acrimony
- Sandro Amoureuse Metal Plated Derby Shoe, $725
- Freda Salvador Sky Blue Tejus, $365
- N.D.C. Low Biker Boot, $388 (was $484) at Dish Boutique
- Jasper & Jeera Medocie Flats, $98 at Anthropologie
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Adizero 2.0 Shoes, $160
In case you didn't get the memo, tomorrow is Walk to Work Day in SF. And don't you fret if you need to drive or bus it part of the way: walking just 15 minutes of your commute totally counts. But let's be real, these hills and uneven sidewalks are not meant for our prettiest heels. Save those for Friday night drinks and reach for a pair of flats instead. Here are eight easy options you could snap up on your way home tonight. And remember to hashtag your photos tomorrow with #Walk2Work to win in one of the three categories: Longest Commute, Most Interesting Sight, and Best Shoe Bling.