Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via Adriano Goldschmied
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA editor: "Never thought I'd say this, but Wildfox makes incredible denim. Michelle Siwy—formerly of Siwy Denim—designs it. Perfect
- Kenzie Bryant, Racked National senior editor: "I have pretty athletic legs that I'm sometimes proud of, sometimes scared of, and Koral denim kind of reins them in without
- Leslie Price, Racked National editor: "I'm really loving my new R13 jeans—the fabric really sucks you in and isn't super stretchy."
- Jackie Goldstein, Director of Operations: "I wear BDG's Twig fit, like, everyday. I'm 5'3" with an excellent butt and le
- Anna Caplan, Racked Dallas editor: "Mother jeans fit a shortie like me really well."
- Kristen Philipkoski, Racked SF editor: "I feel like I’m in such good company here among other short girls with butts! I have been a Citizens of Humanity fa
- Natalie Alcala, Racked LA editor: "I'm a huge fan of Adriano Goldschmied. They hit the waist just right."
Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "MiH makes you look really tall and long, even when you're neither."
Izzy Grinspan, Racked editorial director: "Agreed, MiH i
- Nicola Fumo, Racked market editor: "J Brand Maria forever and ever. Just don't let the tailor dry clean them when you drop
- Laura Gurfein, Racked New York associate editor: "Current/Elliot fits curvy girls!
Welcome back to Editor's Essentials, a new Wednesday feature in which editors from around the Racked network discuss their all-time favorite buys. Today's topic: Jeans. As it happens, our staff is largely on the petite side (and apparently not lacking in butt). We've got recommendations for curvy bodies, athletic legs, those who suffer from waistband gap, and the bootcut that more than one skinny-jean-devotee will throw her weight behind. Read on for 10 denim brands road-tested by our very own experts.
Ready to try on our faves? Check out the best places to shop for jeans in Boston, Chicago, DC, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, and online.
All Editor's Essentials Posts [Racked SF]