Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via Boutiika
- Hansel From Basel Candy Dot Crew, $14 at Mira Mira
- Happy Socks Animal-print Socks, $10 (was $12) at Madewell
- Richard James cashmere socks, $87.50 (30% off
- H&M Knee Socks, $5.95
- American Apparel Girly Lace Ankle Sock, $12
- Adidas Copa Zone Cushion 2.0 Socks, $12
- Folk Black Melange Sock, $30 at Acrimony
Socks with sandals was once a fashion faux pas. But by 2009, the fashion crowd actually began to embrace the trend, and now, it's stronger than ever. It's good news for us in SF. One second, it feels like sandal weather and the next, the clouds roll in and the wind picks up and suddenly our toes are just a wee bit chilly. Just remember to keep the rest of your outfit tailored and erring on the side of "girly" to pull off the look as purposeful rather than accidental. Bonus: chic socks are a great trick to use for those shoes (from sandals to pumps to creepers) that are a quarter-size too large.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked SF]