Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All paths lead to The Square, 1707 Powell Street on Washington Square. Photo by Patricia Chang.
- A Perfect Saturday starts with brunch. Since Park Tavern's 2011 opening, our friends over at Eater SF have praised this North Beach eatery for all things brunch, (including a
- If the post-brunch North Beach sun is too harsh on your normally fog-filtered eyes, stop by the original Goorin Brothers retail outpost at 1612 Stockton Street for a chapeau. There's a
- Now that you have your new hat, it's time to add some bespoke threads or kicks to the mix. Al Ribaya, the proprietor of Al's Attire at 1314 Grant Avenue, has been outfit
- Next, stroll over to Metis Makers at 1314 Grant Avenue. The shop, which opened last fall, is a joint retail venture from six 25th Street Collective labels: Platinum Dirt
- Lola, at 1415 Grant Avenue, always has a great selection of cards and gifts. And doesn't it help to stock up on such things while enjoying a boozy Saturday stroll instead of rushi
- Cap your shopping with a literary twist at the City Lights Bookstore at 261 Columbus Avenue. City Lights is more than a business; it's a historic landmark thanks to its "seminal rol
- And that brings us full circle…to dinner at The Square. The Eater editors can't get enough of The Square's creative twists on classics. Try the full rack of baby back ribs with polenta. In you stil
After a week of rain, we're gearing up for a little sunshine (and a lot of great food) in historic North Beach. Between the parks, the shops, and the killer restaurants that our friends at Eater SF constantly rave about, we can't think of anywhere we'd rather be this weekend. Why don't we start the day at Park Tavern, make our way to Goorin Brothers and City Lights, and end the evening with dinner at The Square?
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]