Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our new weekly series Get Right for Summer has one aim: to make sure you're completely beautified before the thermostat hits 90. Whether you're in the market for a new manicurist or you want to try your luck at getting faux bronzed, we'll tell you where to go.
- Photo from Elle Korea via Edo Salon/Facebook
- Photo via Facebook Edo Salon: This is a perennial favorite for the fashion forward crowd. The salon was founded in 1998, with a
- Photo via Barrow Salon Barrow Salon: Another salon with fashion roots and focus is this relative newcomer on the border of FiDi and Union Square. Founder and stylist M
- Photo via Solid Gold Solid Gold Salon: If you're rocking the bleach this summer then stylist (and salon owner) Diane Beaver needs to be on your phone's speed dial li
- Photo via Hoodline David James Salon: A welcome newcomer to the slightly ambiguous neighborhood that borders Alamo Square, Western A
- Photo via Public Barber Salon Public Barber Salon: A no-fuss salon with expert stylists and two locations (Tenderloin and North Beach), Public Barber is a throwb
- Photo via Posh Salon Posh Salon & Blow Dry Boutique: This is the summer of short hair, and if there's one stylist in the city to get you there it's Rachael Anne Banar a
- Photo via Facebook Mercer Street Salon: This friendly and unpretentious salon is the ideal choice for those looking for a regular salon. It's the ki
- Photo via Facebook Archer Salon: Right in the middle of SF's high fashion Mecca is a salon that caters to the high fashion set. And you know the salon is
This week's heatwave is sure to have you wanting to chop off all your locks. But before taking the dive into bobs and lobs, it's best to carefully select the shears and the stylist worthy of creating the drastic change. And even if you're not looking to do much to your length, an expert cut has the ability to turn your everyday look from drab to fab. So to save you from months of wearing hats, we've tried and tested the salons around town to find the very best ones that you can trust.
· All Get Right for Summer posts [Racked SF]