Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- SF blogger Nichole Ciotti embodies summer with pleats and a crop top; photo via Vanilla Extract
- Rules of Etiquette 'Olivia' Pleated Maxi Skirt, $68, and Leith Crop Sweater Tank,
- Jonathan Simkhai Palace Pier Puff Skirt, $365, and Mod Crop Tee, $375
- Zara Coated Pleated Skirt, $79.90, and Cropped Studio Top,
- Free People Dreamin Bohemian Wrap Slip, $118, and Smocked Crop Top,
- Levi's Made & Crafted Poolside Skirt in Storytime Blue, $175, and Apiece Apart Cropped Short Sleeve Tee in Navy
It's Cinco de Mayo and it feels like summer. It may be the gorgeous weather on tap for the last week or that post-work, cerveza-filled fiesta that's on countdown for just a few more hours. Either way, no outfit screams, "Summer!" better than a skirt paired with a crop top. The midriff baring shirt may look intimidating but it's surprisingly flattering, especially when worn with a high-waisted skirt (or high-waisted anything, really). So plan a detour home to pick up a last-minute wardrobe change before heading to the party. Then kick up those heels for a little happy jig in honor of your new summer getup.