Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Our new weekly series Get Right for Summer has one aim: to make sure you're completely beautified before the thermostat hits 90 (somewhere). Whether you need a fresh pedicure or a fake tan, we're here to tell you where to go.
- Photo via Shutterstock/dpaint
- Image via Facebook. There are plenty of colorists who can do a good blonde, but if you want multi-dimensional red or brunette locks, go to Katie Harris at <
- Photo by Aubrie Pick With more than 20 years' of experience, Hair Collective's Anastasia Panagiotidis will hook you up with the
- Photo via Google+. Gina Khan —the namesake stylist behind the Gina Khan Salon— is a bit of a
- Image via Facebook. Longtime Cowboys and Angels colorists Katie Casey and Marie Warden have struck out on their own with the Harper Paige Salon, and they're already foste
- Image via Barrow Salon. Michelle Snyder may be the owner at Barrow Salon, but she isn't the only rockstar: We hear that colorist Eileen McCarthy is master at bayalage, which m
- Image via Dekko Salon. It's easy to overlook Dekko Salon —hidden on an industrial strip of Potrero Hill— but the stylists in this light-filled loft space are wor
- Image via Bubble Pop Electric Salon. The name may have changed from Salon Yuni to the more effervescent Bubble P
- Image via Atelier Emmanuel. Clients describe Atelier Emmanuel's Ali Moss as "a genius" and "a wizard at both cut and color." If you're looking for the perfect beachy blonde
- Image via Posh Salon. Colorist Lori Dylan at Posh Salon and Blow Dry Boutique has been working her magic for over 15 years, specializing in balayage, sun-kissed highlights and v
- Image via Population Salon. A tipster tells us that Max at Population Salon in NOPA gave her ombre highlights 8 months ago, and she's still getting compliments. That ma
"Summer weather" is a relative term: In most of the country, people peel off layers as the solstice approaches. In San Francisco, we pull our trenches tighter as we trudge through the fog and chill. Who cares if San Francisco doesn't share the rest of America's interpretation of summer? That won't stop us from wanting hair that screams, "I've been lounging on the beach all day." If you're ready to take the plunge into sun-kissed highlights, here's a roundup of local colorists who can set you up with the perfect summer look.
· All Get Right for Summer posts [Racked SF]