Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All photos by Kim Lucian Photography
- "We chose today because 6/11 sounded like a good number. We've been together for almost three years and we met here in S.F." Sofia Svensk and Daniel De Barros
- The bride wears a dress and shoes from Zara and Benefit Cosmetics makeup. Her flower crown, bouquet, and ring were made by her friend and jewelry designer Jessica Revesz.
- "I'm from Sweden, but we'll live here in S.F."
- The bride and her sister Gabriella Svensk
- The maid of honor's bouquet, also designed by Jessica Revesz
- The groom wears a Brooks Brothers shirt, Polo custom fit pants, and Cole Haan shoes. "I'm feeling really excited and thankful."
- The best man, Michael Siah's boutonniere
- Mike Mazur and Kristen Borchardt-Mazur from Detroit, Michigan
- The bride wears a dress from Asos, Halogen shoes, a bracelet that her sister wore at her own wedding, and her grandmother's handkerchief.
- "We decided to get married in San Francisco to make it about us — and to plan an awesome trip around the wedding."
- The groom wears a Goodale suit and a Michael Kors shirt. The pocket square and bow tie are from Hilfiger.
- "Mike's mom made my veil."
- Michael Harris and Lily Tsen from San Francisco
- The bride wears a dress from LightInTheBox and Betsy Johnson shoes. The groom wears a Calvin Klein suit.
- The broche bouquet is from Etsy. "I wanted something that I could save from today."
- "I feel like a lucky man."
A stylish, SF wedding doesn't have to involve tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of your nearest and dearest friends. No, in fact, City Hall is as picturesque and romantic as the rest. And yesterday's spur of the moment visit to the Beaux-Arts monument confirmed our beliefs: the weddings are thoughtful, intimate, and totally chic.
Emily Perello, the wedding photographer for our out-of-town couple, tells us that she received so many inquiries about getting married here that she wrote a guide. So it wasn't surprising that City Hall was abuzz with brides and grooms on a weekday late morning. We were especially smitten with these three newlywed couples and their distinct styles. Click through to see what they wore to say their "I Do's."
· Jordan and Sarah Gettin' Hitched, Wednesday, June 12 [Racked SF]
· All Weddings Week 2014 posts [Racked SF]