Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lily by Fiat Lux, $1,650 at Fiat Lux, 218 Church Street, San Francisco.
- Satomi Kawakita 18K gold ring with white diamonds, $1,210 at Esqueleto.
- Cleo’s daughter by Lauren Wolf, $1,620 at Fiat Lux, 218 Church Street, San Francisco.
- Trinity, $1,558 at Diamondere.
- Michelle band by Anouk, $1,802 at Gallery of Jewels: 1225 Fillmore Street, 4089 24th Street, and 427 Post Street.
- The wide band by Kate Ellen metals, $1,100 at Crown Nine, 515 9th Street, Oakland—check out This is Oakland by Melissa Davis for tons more Oakland
- Coleoptere signet ring, $1,975.
- Sarah Swell cobblestone band, $1,150 at Sarah Swell online.
The idea that an engagement ring should cost three months salary is not only passé, but for Bay Area residents would by a rock so large that one's betrothed might fear wearing it. Luckily, the Bay Area has plenty of local jewelry makers and sellers who make gorgeous, engagemenent-worthy rings that will leave some cash leftover for the wedding celebration. We've rounded up eight under $2k. There's something for everyone, whether you're a male couple looking for un-boring bands or a hopeful bride-to-be who wants serious bling. Ready to put a ring on it?
· All Weddings Week Posts [Racked SF]