Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Because you'll want to stay hands-free for moments like this; photo via Outside Lands/Instagram
- ZAC Zac Posen Eartha Backpack, $275 at Shopbop
- Tory Burch Robinson Pebbled Backpack, $495
- Cote et Ciel Black Medium Isar Rucksack, $238 at Acrimony
- Elizabeth and James Cynnie Leather Tassel Sling Bag, $585 at Neiman Marcus
- Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Love Backpack,
- Alite Designs Bike to the Beach Bag, $135
- Milly Avery Quilted-Leather Backpack, $450 at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Baggu Backpack in Leopard, $38
Outside Lands is a week away. It's time to think about your outfit strategy. This year's lineup features artists like Macklemore, Arctic Monkeys, Tiësto, and Kanye West, and you won't want to miss a second of dancing and arm-waving and crowd-surfing because of your handbag situation. Of course, crossbody bags are a chic, hands-free choice, but for festivals, it's all about the comeback of the stylish backpack. Wear one and feel free to move and groove—without losing any of your stuff.