Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Even when faced with the horrors of a Sharknado, Tara Reid looks perfect. Image from Sharknado/SyFy.
- Gimme Brow, $22. The key to staring down any aerial fish-demon is a flawless brow. Benefit’s volumizing fiber gel fills the brow gaps and for a natural shape. The formula may or
- They're Real! Pushup Liner, $24 + Mascara, $23. Nothing says ‘come at me, sharks’ mor
- Holy Smokes Creaseless Cream Shadow, $20. To deepen an intense stare and general look of badassery, Benefits recommends this crea
- Hydra-Smooth Lip Color, Dare Me, $19. Tara’s lip goes boldly where no lip has gone before— into a shark fight. To recreate her look, Benefit suggests hydra-smoo
- Hoola Bronzing Powder, $28. During a sharknado, you may need CPR: Cheekbone Prettiness Resuscitation. Hoola, Benefit’s matte bronzer, can be swept under the cheekbones and along the t
Why is it that Tara Reid survives sharknadoes when so many others die? It's certainly not because she tries. Did you even see the first Sharknado? Cassie Scerbo from Make It Or Break does all the work; Tara just yells at Ian Ziering and reminds us that we were in high school when American Pie came out. The answer finally hit us this week while we were giggling through the Benefit Cosmetics live-tweets of Sharknado 2: The Second One. Perfect makeup. Tara Reid is too pretty to die.
Since they're experts on both makeup and Sharknado, we asked the Benefit tweeps if they could suggest a few products to help us survive a sharp-toothed twister. (C'mon. You know San Francisco's next.) We can't promise that these picks will save you from the storm, but at least you'll look good trying.
· Benefit Cosmetics [Official Site]
· Remember When Benefit Cosmetics Live-Tweeted Sharknado 2? [Racked]