Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- What lessons did other startups learn from the Google Glass blooper reel? Photo via Net-A-Porter
- Don't be afraid to push back the launch date. The iWatch release has reportedly been pushed back to later this year, at
- Launch into a specialized, niche market. Former 49ers linebacker and medical doctor Jim Kovach is behind a new
- Add star power for positive reception. When startup OMsignal launched its fitness shirt, it partnered with Ralph Lauren and the US Open. The
It's no secret that Google Glass made mistakes in its launch. Even its creator Babak Parviz isn't convinced that the face computer will be the tech giant's biggest hit. It's easy to pretend that if only Mat Honan's free advice was taken to heart, things could have turned around and more people would be wearing Glass. But with failure comes knowledge, and these three wearable tech products are taking cues from Glass to launch without the same pitfalls.
· All Google Glass posts [Racked SF]