Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Kate Spade Hello Shanghai Milan, $298
- Zara Buckle Detail Clutch, 35.90
- J.Crew Leather Clutch, $98
- Z Spoke by Zac Posen Angled Saffiano Leather Clutch Bag, $295 at Cusp
- Tory Burch Embellished Bria Clutch, $395
- Topshop Snakeskin Embossed Suede Clutch,
- H&M Shoulder Bag, $24.95
- Dolce & Gabbana Lace Sara Crossbody, $1,595 (was $1,645) at Barneys New York
- Cuyana Leather Envelope Clutch, $185
- Club Monaco Lisa Crossbody, $189.50
Next week is a big week for classical music aficionados: It's when both the SF Symphony and the SF Opera are hosting their opening nights galas. (September 3 for the former, and September 5 for the latter.) Whether you're going to the fancy soiree or later in the season, it's an opportune time to consider your evening bag lineup. Clutches and hideaway shoulder straps work best for evenings, but the parameters really stop there. Choose a pop of color or a clever shape to draw all eyes to you. Or, if understated elegance is more your speed, there are plenty of black options, too.