Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Before you lace your skates, you'll need the perfect disco shorts. Image via Shutterstock.
- Gold Disco Track Shorts, $48 at Betabrand.
- Shiny shorts, $29 at American Apparel.
- High-shine disco shorts, $23.22 at ASOS.
- Imitation leather shorts, $29.95 at H&M.
- Glitter Britches Shorts, $45 at Beastwares.
- High-waisted denim shorts, $17.80 at Forever 21.
Have you skated at the Church of 8 Wheels yet? Hidden in the former Church of the Sacred Heart off Alamo Square, this weekly roller disco will remind you that the couples skate is always better with your best friend, the hokey pokey still has a place in your heart, and San Francisco is the greatest city on Earth. Period. But that begs the question: What do you wear for such a life-affirming experience? Hot pants. That's what. Below, we've assembled a short list of short shorts that will solidify your status as the dancing queen of the roller rink. Go ahead, take that victory lap to celebrate your skating style.
· Secretly Awesome: Roller Skating in an Abandoned Church [Hoodline]
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked]