Pac Heights Perfect Saturday
- Emily Martin of The Jetsetting Fashionista takes us through her perfect Saturday in Pacific Heights.
- My perfect Saturday in Pac Heights begins with a workout. What better way to kick off a Saturday than a good sweat? (This also allows for the heavy food and drink consumption later in the day.) For me, it's usually between the challenging Lyon Street Step
- Post workout it’s time for B Patisserie (2821 California Street). Expect to be greeted with a warm smile, a cup of Four Barrel Coffee —SF’s best local coffee, I believe— and a fabulous pastry. For a sweet craving, try their infamous Kouign Amm
- At Le Labo, (2238 Fillmore Street) you’ll find the most amazing perfumes and beauty products. If the name rings a bell, then you’ve probably stayed with Fairmont Hotels, where they generously share Le Labo product
- You may be wondering, “Why Athleta, the well-known sports brand, versus something more off the beaten path?” It’s because Athleta (2226 Fillmore Street) recently relaunched, and the new products are amazing. They feel even younger and cooler than Lululemo
- At Juicy News, you’ll find magazines that are either (1) impossible to find, or (2) so hip you’ve never even heard of them. Example: I looked high and low for the Domino relaunch issue last year, and this was the only store that had it. I later learned th
- Don’t be fooled. Mudpie (2185 Fillmore Street) is more than just a great children’s clothing store. They also have some of the best candies in the city. (Think Haribo Gummy Bears. Jackpot!) The best $6 you’ll ever spend will be for a half-pound of “Scand
Jonathan Adler (2133 Fillmore Street) is the best spot for cheerful, bright, fun home décor. If you don’t need anything for yourself, grab a mug or a sassy coaster set. Either would make a perfect gift for someone with mad mod style.
Jane on Fillmore (2123 Fillmore ) is great for a latte or Stumptown Coffee. The beauty of Jane is it’s super casual. It’s perfect to meet a friend or go alone to work or read a magazine. Be forewarned that it’s pretty much always crowded!
- Heidi Says has three stellar boutiques on Fillmore. For apparel, visit the Collection Boutique, (2426 Fillmore Street), or the Casual Boutique
After a bit of shopping, drop into Drybar (1908 Fillmore Street) for a quick blowout before dinner.
Image via Drybar.
Palmers (2298 Fillmore Street), a relatively new spot on Fillmore, has fabulous pre-dinner cocktails at wallet friendly ($11) prices. Nice enough that you’ll easily stay for a second round!
Image via Palmer’s<
- Conveniently, one of my favorites restaurants in the city happens to be near Pac Heights. Enjoying a heavenly culinary experience at State Bird Provisions requires planning —usually 60 days or so— but it’s worth i