Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Jeans to dress like a cowgirl; photo via Ariat/Instagram
- BLK DNM Women's Ocean Blue Jeans 22, $95 (was $190) at Acrimony
- Zara Skinny Jeans, $69.90
- Courtshop Stella High Waist Skinny Blue Jeans, $133 at Mira Mira
- 3sixteen+ 77BSP Women's Jean, $240 at Self Edge
- Levi's 524™ Skinny Jeans, $40 (was $46)
- Chimala Stretch Denim Slim Cut in Smoky Indigo, $368 at Mill Mercantile
- Ariat Ruby Wrap Around A Cloud, $79.95
- Express High-Waisted Destroyed Boyfriend Jean, $49.90 (was $88)
The PBR rodeo is only a week away, but before you step foot inside Oakland's Oracle Arena, you'll want to dress the part—if not for the sake of appearances then for the very off chance that you're thrown into the middle of the fray. Jeans are standard cowgirl wear for a reason: they're sturdy and they can keep up with the action. In your search for your rodeo pair, be sure to ask yourself if you're the kind of gal to tuck them into your boots or leave them hanging. This should narrow down your choices based on cut and fit. Once you find your pair, wear them all week for that worn-in look and consider your cowgirl transformation complete.