Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Stetson 5X Skyline Silver Belly, $198 at OK Corral
- Minimarket Black Jones Traveler Hat, $130 at Acrimony
- Stetson Hats Women's Maddock Comfort Straw Hat, $90 at Boot Barn
- San Diego Hat Co. Sloane Felt Cowboy Hat, $58 at Free People
- Anthropologie Higgins Rancher, $58
- Goorin Cowboy Jake, $140
- Rag & Bone Floppy Brim Fedora, $195
It's just one more sleep before the Professional Bull Riders rodeo begins at the Oracle Arena. You've picked out your perfect, cowboy-wrangling jeans visited the best boot stores in town, but now it's time to think cowboy hats. A classic Stetson is timeless, but the contemporary options are ones that you'll wear on repeat long after the bulls leave Oakland. Choose wisely and wear proudly—you never know whose eye you'll catch from under that brim.