Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
First it was plastic bags and now it's a ban on plastic bottles. Starting Wednesday, October 1, SF is banning the sale of the latter on public property (sports stadiums and food trucks, not included). It's the perfect excuse to snap up one of these new colors from SF-based bkr. The glass keeps the water from ever taking on that funky, plastic taste and the silicone covers come in an assortment of delicious colors. If you're worried about glass breaking, we've got you covered with plastic options we rounded up for music festivals earlier in the summer. And 7x7 has a few ideas over here, too. Happy drinking!
- Vapur Runway, $8
- Nalgene Flask, $9
- LifeStraw Go 22 oz. Filter Water Bottle, $35 at Dick's Sporting Goods
- KOR Nava Filtered Water Bottle, $30
- Hydrapak SoftFlask 500 Outdoor Collapsible Bottle, $20 at REI
- Contigo Autospout Addison Water Bottle, $13
- CamelBak All Clear Bottle, $99
- Bobble Classic Water Bottle, $13
- Aquamira Water Filter Bottle, $30
- Aladdin Café To-Go Water Bottle, $10 at Target