Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Cole Valley. Image via Wikipedia.
- Padrecito, 901 Cole Street. Image via Facebook. At night, Padrecito is hopping, but this Mexican restaurant's weekend br
- Urban Mercantile, 85 Carl Street. Image via Bay Area Arts. Find greeting cards, books, and table top items galore at this out-of-the-way shop. From ceramics t
- Cole Hardware, 956 Cole Street. Image via Facebook. Weekends are practically the only time we tackle home improvement projects, so a trip to Cole Hardware is mandatory. Don't be fooled by the petite fa
- Say Cheese, 856 Cole Street. Image via Yelp. You haven't lived until you have sampled all the $30+ per pound bleus at this Cole Valley cheesemonger. If you're goi
- Lavande Nail Spa, 113 Carl Street. Image via PRWeb. When your tootsies need a break, drop into a chair at Lavande for the deluxe pedicure. The treatment incorporates a lavend
- Tantrum, 858 Cole Street. Image via Hoodline. This two-year-old shop takes a whimsical, kid-friendly approach to vintage. Inside, find toys, books, arts and crafts, and more.
- Past Perfect, 854 Stanyan. Image via Facebook. It just opened in April, but Past Perfect's Cole Valley outpost is becomi
- Ice Cream Bar, 815 Cole Street. Image via Facebook. Cap off your day with a stop by this old-fashioned soda fountain. T
No one would describe sleepy Cole Valley as a shopper's paradise. Aside from home goods, all you can buy in the area is booze, bikes, beauty products. But what the neighborhood lacks in variety, it makes up for with charm. Whether you're enjoying brunch at Zazie (or our new favorite, Padrecito), or selecting a piece in an antique shop, the Cole Valley merchants and residents have a way of making you feel like you're in a small town instead of a densely populated city. If your house needs a refresh, head over to this 'hood for a little style boost.
· All Perfect Saturday posts [Racked]