Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Just a few of the interesting people we met in 2014.
- Local shop owner Jenny Chung is responsible for some of the coolest retail ventures happening in the city right now. There's her jewelry store, No. 3, Hayes Valley fave Acrimony, and her gone-but-not-forgotten North Beach boutique Acre/SF. Last yea
- You never forget your first time meeting Dita Von Teese. When we caught up with the burlesque star last year, we found out how she stays fit, what she wears to the gym, and
- Lauren and Josh Podoll are part of the fashion wave that's taking over Burlingame. Yes, Burlingame. You can find their eco-friendly looks in San Francisco and the East Bay, bu
- Even on a rainy Saturday morning, jewelry designer Eddie Borgo is enthusiastic. The CFDA award winner shared his tips on jewelry gifting and talked about
- Fashion was as much a part of Sex and the City as the four women who starred on the show, and Patricia Field is the costume designer who made Carrie Bradshaw's looks happen. The woman is a legend, and —it turns out— a
- San Francisco's own Derek Lam returned to town last year to promote his 10 Crosby collection, and we got his take on California style, the classic
- If you read Lucky or Sassy, then you probably have a crush on Andrea Linnett. A constant in the fashion industry —she's worked for Michael Kors, eBay, and written a popular blog-turned-book, I Want To Be Her— Andrea
- Josie Natori has been in the fashion business for nearly 40 years, but that's only by accident. When we met her last fall, she told us that she fell into fashion whil
- What kind of people run a pirate store? Umm… the best kind of people. 826 Valencia Executive Director Bita Nazarian and pirate store manager Caroline Kangas chatted with us about totally normal things like sea shanties and mermaid bai
- Style Wylde's Cynthia Anderson lives in the Bay Area, but she photographs fashion week runways around the world. How did she get her start? By being "a total control freak
- When blow-dry queen (and Drybar founder) Alli Webb came to town, we pestered her with all of our questions about why a pro can blow dry hair so much better than an amateur. Easy
- Some people may dismiss the juice craze as a fad, but Juice Shop founder Charlie Gulick claims his diet of raw, vegan foods and juice sav
Before we plow into 2015, can we just take one more opportunity to talk about the greatness that was 2014? San Francisco's fashion scene is on fire right now, and we met so many people last year that contributed to making the city a stylish place. From the local creatives and shopkeepers to the visiting designers and personalities who include the city on their must-stop national tours, everyone wants to be in San Francisco. Here are 13 of the coolest people we met in 2014.