Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- A Golden State Warriors dance team captain walks us through her perfect Saturday in and around her neighborhood. Courtesy image
- Anywhere Amira's active lifestyle means that she exercises regularly, even on Saturdays. Luckily, she doesn't have to hit the gym to squeeze in a sweat session."The Warriors Dance Team ha
- Seed + Salt 2240 Chestnut Street This Chestnut Street eatery is getting rave reviews for its healthy offerings. "This is a new Marina favorite of any health enthusiasts! They just opened and I've
- Spa Radiance, 3011 Fillmore Street With breakfast and a workout checked off her to-do list, it's time for a little pampering at Spa Radiance. "After a long week of games and practices, I love coming here t
- Plant Cafe, 3352 Steiner Street Amira's culinary tour of northern San Francisco continues at The Plant Cafe, her favorite lunch spot. "The Quinoa Bowl with chicken and a fresh squeezed
- G-Star Raw, 2060 Chestnut Street After lunch, it's time for a little shopping, which is when Amira heads to G-Star Raw. "I recently fell in love with G-Star Raw and their jeans. Cute and comfortable a
- St. Frank Coffee 2340 Polk Street There's no shortage of stylish coffee houses in San Francisco, but this Russian Hill spot wins Amira's heart."They have to-die-for Almond Macadamia Lattes—
- Golden Gate Bridge Does the magic of the Golden Gate Bridge ever grow old? Not for a San Francisco girl. And Crissy Field is the idea place for this Warriors cheerleader and her four-legged friend to unwind. "After my perfect Saturday away fr
The Golden State Warriors are having a terrific season, and locals are flocking to the Oakland Arena on the regular to watch the home team trounce the competition. (Even if it's over, 19-home game winning streak is no small feat.) Among the most loyal fans week after week are the women cheering the players on from the sidelines night after night: The Warriors Dance Team.
Team Captain Amira, a fourth-year Warriors dancer, has a busy schedule. In addition to her day job, she juggles practices, games, and promotional appearances with the squad. But on the rare occasion when Amira has free time, you can find her spending a leisurely afternoon in (and around) the Marina. "My perfect Saturday would be a Warriors home game day at Oracle Arena, but when we do have the day off, I love being active," she tells Racked. From her weekend workout to her favorite cafes and spa, this is how Amira fills her down time.